10.21.2008

I have a confession...

I am a conservative, GAP wearing, Camry driving woman who LOVES rap music! Why you ask? It makes me energized! It wasn't too unusual to pull up to another Camry driving conservative in the Capital City and see her bump'n her speakers just like me. Here in small town though, I find myself to be all alone.

I think it all started in first grade where we were allowed to have a boom box on the school bus. The cool boy, Joe, in the sixth grade always brought his boom box complete with tape player. He loved Run DMC and soon so did I. One of my childhood friends, Melissa, had the Salt N'Peppa record...yes, I said record. We played one of my all time favorites, Push It, really loudly and got in huge trouble for jumping on the couch. Mom was not happy! I'm not even sure she noticed the music.

I've never been able to learn all the words to rap songs and some I would prefer not too....but it's the beats that get me. I'm not a music discriminator....I love it all...gospel, bluegrass, country, rock, r&b, jazz, blues, classical. Rap beats just make me feel good. Most messages in rap music I do not agree with...but their messages never sink in with me. I can not even tell you the subject of most of the songs, but I love to dance around the house with my ipod on. It helps our home get clean a lot faster! So if you see my dancing in the blue Camry in small town, just throw me some deuces....ha ha ha.

What's your guilty pleasure?


Here a just a few of my favorites. Get up and break it down!


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

3 comments:

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

haha! I am the same way. I'm more of a rock girl though or new music that has a 70s sound to it. lol. Look at my latest blog. I love this playlist though and girl I love some Salt and Pepa - cuz its none of yo business. hahaha.

The Crimi's said...

I'm the other girl riding in the Camry with the speakers bumpin!! I miss you being here...Fun times!!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious--I am not up to date on reading these, but I love this blog, AND I CAN VOUCH that you have always loved music--all of it. I will never forget having to listen to all your tunes in the Cougar. :)))