5.27.2009

A wonderful baby shower

On Saturday I had my first baby shower. Who knew it was going to be so fun? I had a great time seeing friends that I don't get to see too often. The guests enjoyed delicious brunch foods made by the hostesses. I am still not convinced that Michelle made those delicious hot grits! Leeann made my only food request, a Ranch Chicken Cheeseball...yum! Everything was decorated so pretty and the cake was delicious! While I opened gifts, the guests played a little baby shower bingo. They got to mark off squares based on the gifts that were being opened. Everly got so many wonderful necessities, cute items and books. On the shower invitations, guests were asked to bring a signed book in place of a card. She didn't receive one duplicate book! I love to read and hope to pass along this hobby to E. B's mother brought a bag full of B's books from his childhood, including favorites Frog and Toad and A Kiss for Little Bear. I almost cried when I read the little gift card. I had to stop and take a breath...I hate to cry in front of anyone. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I know it was a wet rainy day, not to mention a holiday weekend. I appreciate all of your love!
Delicious cake! I brought home the three leftover pieces and they were gone by the next morning...no I did not eat them all!
The newlywed, Leigh Ann, just back from her honeymoon!

A personalized platter from LeeAnn. The queen of showers!


Mommy and Me pajamas! I can't wait for E and I to wear these soon.




Sweet pink cowgirl boots from Leigh Ann...love them!



1 comment:

Dave and Mandi said...

I love all of your shower gifts, and the idea of bringing a book instead of a card...adorable!!
I'll be checking your blog for baby updates in the next few days!!