5.12.2009

Lucky & 34 week appt.



The pictures above are of a little bird who has taken up residence under our carport. My papaw gave us that horseshoe last Thanksgiving. B placed it under the carport for luck. A few weeks ago I was watering the hanging baskets hanging from the carport. I do this just about every morning when B is getting ready for work. When I got to the second one, three or four baby birds scattered. One landed on the ground near B's truck. I made him come outside and was going to tell him to move it, because I didn't want him to run over it. When we came back outside the little thing flew and got on his bumper. When he went out to leave, it was gone.
So, we think this little guy is one of those birds who just didn't want to leave. It has showed back up each night for over a week. The bird shows up at dark and is gone in the morning. It didn't even wake up while we took several pictures. I like to call it Lucky and B calls it Horseshoe.

Yesterday we went to see Dr. G for our 34 week appointment. Everything is still going great. I love Dr. G. He can really make a pregnant woman feel great. He told me, "It's like you wrote the book on pregnancy!". I told him I had read plenty! Weight gain great, blood pressure great, measurements great. B and I are so thankful for a healthy pregnancy. Dr. G then asked if I had experienced contractions...huh? "I don't think so," I said. I told him I really don't know...this is my first time. He explained about Braxton Hicks. B and I looked at each other and I told Dr. G that "yes, I have felt that a few times." He said this was normal. B asked Dr. G if there is anything we should be cautious about at the beach this weekend. Sun was the main answer. SPF 40 or higher and a hat on my head. He said that pregnant women burn a lot faster than average, which I would expect. He did say something I had never heard of...he said that some pregnant women that get sunburned on their face end up with a "tattoo" of the sunburn and it turns brown and never really goes away. He had a medical term for it, but I couldn't remember even if you offered me money!

I have another appointment in two weeks and then I start to go weekly. Dr. G said after my first weekly appointment he would be happy with her arriving. So that is only three weeks away...exciting and scary at the same time!

Totally off topic...but Triad marriage? What next????

3 comments:

Amenick said...

You just made me Google Triad Marriage..What in the world!! Why can't people just say "I don't believe in marriage and what it stands for" and have their own twisted lifestyles without making Marriage something its not!

The Macks said...

Yeah Ame, I saw that on Fox News the other day. She wanted her relationship to be defined as marriage since many states now allow gay marriage. What is happening to our country???

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

I can attest to the sunburn thing! Gunter and I spent a few hours on the beach April 25, and I missed one streak of my leg with the spray-on sunscreen. You can STILL see the place where the burn was! I look like somebody threw acid on me or something. I got that sunburn even sitting under an umbrella!