5.22.2009

I can't believe...

We're finally in the home stretch. With about a month to go, I have finally gotten into nesting mode. Yesterday I got Everly's things together for the hospital and most of mine. I also cleaned carpet and made another freezer meal. I have all these "to-do" lists that I feel must be accomplished. My momma is coming down next Wednesday to help with the things that I can't do anymore. She is so excited. She has only seen pictures of the nursery and she can't wait to see it in person. I am excited too, because she is spending the night. She hasn't spent the night at our house yet. She's really good at helping organize things, so we're going to tackle my closet while she is here too.

B got the car seat base installed in his truck last night. We had the little manual out while dinner cooked. He kept asking me questions and all I could say was "I don't know...I've never had a car seat before!" Anyway, I believe we got it right...the level thing on the side looked like the one in the manual, so I think we're all set. You should have seen him take the carrier part out afterward, that thing was tilted and leaning all over the place. I was just laughing and told him that he needs to be a little more gentle when E arrives. I know he will, but it was funny to think, what if a baby was in that seat right now...poor thing!

Tomorrow is my first baby shower in Prattville. I am so excited! These ladies really know how to throw a shower. I can't wait to get together with my friends and celebrate little E. It is a brunch, so I am also excited about the food...yum! ha! ha! That sounds like a classic preggie girl comment!

2 comments:

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

I have a great blog idea for your faithful readers (mainly me). I noticed that you're making meals ahead of time and freezing them...Why not share some of your freezer meal recipes? I don't know a whole lot about what freezes well and what doesn't.

The Hall Family said...

Yeah...share those meals. I am busy mother of 2 and eating out is getting expensive but too tired to cook by the time we get home from our busy days! BTW...about the car seat...if your are not sure if it is right get the hospital to check. They can make sure it is safe!