10.20.2010

Day 16-Art

One of my favorite artists is Grandma Moses. I love her folkart style and that her subjects usually have something to do with living in the country, farming, and family fun. I would love to learn techniques like this when I have time. She had no formal training and I think I could do this too! When we move and if we have room to set up an office, I would love to include a little area for a studio. I could see this as a little release for myself.

Here is one of my favorites. I would LOVE to have an original Grandma Moses, but I know I will have to settle for a print. That's ok...I'll make my own in her honor soon!

This one is call A Country Wedding and it was created in 1951. I think it reminds me of our wedding, which was also a "country wedding". It was such a wonderful day.

No comments: