10.05.2010

15 months! Time flys when you're having fun!

Oh boy are we having fun! Everly is our never ending entertainment! Brett and I are so blessed to be parents to this amazing little person. I took her for her 15 month appointment last week. Dr. E says she is advanced for her age, which we of course thought all along, but it was great to hear it from a medical professional.

She now weighs 19 lbs. 6 oz.-10 percentile
               length/height 29.75 inches-50th percentile

Her doctor says she is slender, which most women prefer...ha ha...why can't momma get her slender back???

Everly says tons and tons of words. I may have listed some of these before, but just to make sure I'll list them again.

Momma
Dada and Daddeee
Pop
PawPaw
Kitty Cat
Fluff (Gimme and Pop's cat)
Imme (Gimme and this is only ever once in a while)
Mimmie (She says this for both Mickey and Minnie)
Duck
Nack (Snack)
NaNa (Food)
Moo (really Boo when asked what the cow says)
Dotdog (as in Hotdog Dance) She says this any time she sees us open the laptop. She thinks youtube is the greatest because it plays the Hotdog Song over and over!

And the one we are most proud of Bible!!! She knows which book in her room is her Bible and she will go get it if you ask her too. She even showed out for Dr. E while he was in the exam room. I asked her if she could say doctor and she proudly said dot-tor.

She feeds herself pretty well with a spoon. We practice alot! We try to do that mostly with applesauce or yogurt so it will stick to the spoon and she can learn the motion. We gave her spaghetti Sunday night at Pop and Gimme's. She did pretty good and did not try to empty her bowl, until she was finished.

She can point to her bow, diaper, socks and shoes when asked. She loves shoes! She just started wearing them on a regular basis in the last three weeks and now she has about nine pair...ridiculous I know. At least a few of those are bigger sizes and two were bought at a consignment sale.

 She spills Goldfish (her absolute favorite food at the moment) on the rug and eats them up! I usually give her a spillproof snack cup, but they were no where to be found...which is not unusual with this girl. We find things hidden all over our house.
 I think I am being a good sport by letting her wear this "Lil Bama Fan" shirt. It's hard to live in a house divided. At least both of our teams are undefeated thus far. She'll be yelling War Eagle, before Roll Tide! Also, B and I have agreed that we'd rather her go to Auburn than Alabama...mainly because it's closer to home. So why doesn't he go ahead and make the switch now??? Also note the big girl jeans! I love them!

She loves to "help" me in the kitchen. I got her a farm magnet toy at the consignment sale too. I hoped this would occupy her some while I'm working. Last night she brought her Potsy and spoon into the kitchen and stirred away. She has this bottle of bubbles that she likes to shake into her pot. I guess that is her seasoning. I am so glad she seems interested in cooking. It is something I LOVE to do. Hopefully we'll spend many hours in the kitchen together whipping up lots of recipes. I am sure her Dada would be glad :)

No comments: