3.12.2010

Will crawl for electronics!

Last Thursday Brett called me while I was on my way home from class and we were just talking about our days and such then he said...Everly just crawled over here to try to get the phone. No way! I didn't believe him. He had to put his mom on the phone so I would believe him. Luckily they caught it later on video. We've had to tempt her with remote controls and cell phones to continue. Come to think of it, my cell phone was missing for two days and we found it under the sofa...that probably explains it! Now she will do the task more willingly for toys.




She's started liking puffs (sweet potato and banana). She's also had real bananas...finally. I made her sweet peas and cabbage yesterday. I'll report later how she likes those.

Also, she's been a sick girl. I took her to the doctor last Friday. The problems with her eating stemmed from double ear infections. She was put on stronger antibiotics as well as nose drops. Dr. E didn't think she ever got well from the previous ear infection. He wanted us to call on Monday to report how she was feeling and to schedule a follow up appointment. I noticed her "wheezing", so I told the doctor about it. Who knew it would bring about 2o Q's?
Dr. E-Wheezing or rattling?
Me-Long pause.......(I've never thought of the difference...we've just called everything wheezing) Uh, rattling...I think
Dr. E-Laying down or sitting up?
Me-When I'm holding her, so sitting up.
Dr. E-Does anyone in your family have asthma?
Me-No, not immediate
Dr. E-Do you have a breathing machine?
Me-Uh, no
I think there were a few more...but I don't remember. He ordered a breathing treatment for E. She took it like a champ. No fighting at all. I was totally surprised! It's like she knew it would make her feel better. Dr. E came back to check her afterward and said it did help her breathing. He seems to think it was all part of her congestion. So now she takes two breathing treatments a day for a week(with a little dinosaur mask). She has her nine month appointment (wow!) in a little over a week, so he'll check her again. We are so thankful for Dr. E taking care of our sweet girl. He has been taking care of children in our town for at least two, possibly three generations.

My mom came down yesterday and brought E her Valentine and Easter gifts. E and mom had a great time playing and I had lots of fun laughing.
Other milestones this week-
Clapping, lots and lots of clapping! With us saying lots of "YAY!"
Also, we think she is saying "ki, ki" for cat.
Moving from a crawling to a sitting position
Please pray for our little friend, Hadley. She is having lots of trouble with her ears. We pray that is able to see the doctors that know exactly how to treat her.

4 comments:

Amanda Mathis said...

Awww...poor E :( I hope she gets to feeling better. She makes one cute dinosaur though :)

The Cobbs said...

I'm so sorry E is having ear infections!!! AND...breathing treatments! Y'all are most certainly in my prayers!!
Thanks for praying for us too. I know God is holding us in his arms right now. :)

The Crimi's said...

Aww, I hope she gets better soon.I'm praying.

McArdle's said...

Poor little Everly. Bailey had pneumonia with the wheezing - I'm glad she doesn't have that. I hate it for you and her. I pray she gets all better soon.