3.05.2010

Home Day, School Day

Kelly's Korner has Show Us Your Life Fridays. Today's topic is what is your typical day like...well, I don't think I have a "typical" day. I'll just give you an example of a day at home (the fun days) and a day at school (the gruelling days).

Fun day @home-Tuesday
Wake up at 5:30-help B off to work, iron if necessary
Take a few moments for myself (if the little one isn't awake by now) and have breakfast
Get Everly's breakfast ready and wait for her to wake up, throw a load of laundry in the washer
Feed Everly
Put Everly in the bouncy to watch Super Why! (her absolute favorite show)
Jump in the shower for five minutes, get dressed
Play with the sweetest girl ever!
Try to remember to put clothes in the dryer
Pick up all the never ending clutter!
Feed the sweetest girl ever again
Give her a bath and get ready for our playdate
Meet friends, have lunch and play!
Come home try to get Everly into her crib. She usually falls asleep on the way home.
Look over school work
Wait for Brett to get home and watch Everly
Drive an hour and a half
Sit in class for two and a half hours
Drive home and hour and a half
Get things together for the next day and go to bed---somewhere between 10:30-12:00

Gruelling Day @ school-Thursday
Up @ 5:15 take a shower, pray Everly doesn't wake up early
Iron, pack Everly's bag
Hair, make-up, feed Everly and get her ready
Make E's breakfast, to go
Get out the door by 7:00 at the latest
Take E to daycare
Drive an hour and a half to an elementary school
Teach a lesson to Third graders for an hour
Observe in the library for an hour
Drive 30 minutes to the university
Grab lunch and study for an hour and a half
Go to class for an hour and a half
If no homework go to Target....I heart Target
Call to check on Everly and how her day went
Grab dinner
Go back to class for two and a half hours
Drive an hour and a half home
Get things ready for the next day
Have about thirty minutes of me time
Go to bed between 10:30-12:00 depending on homework

Yes it's hectic! Yes, it's ridiculous! I go to class everyday of the week, driving at least an hour and a half one way when you count the detour time to take E to daycare. It will all be worth it in December when I graduate and get my dream job...a TEACHER! It's my calling and I can't wait to have my own class.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm a new reader but I am a teacher and just wanted to say good luck - getting your first class is brilliant! :-)

Cxx