3.02.2010

Miss Independent and a side of lunch date and words




Over the weekend we were out of town with the Alabama Young Farmers and Everly would not really eat well. Y'all know I am always bragging on her eating habits. I thought it was all the big kids and her being embarrassed...I know, probably not possible, but that is totally how she acted. She would eat her Mum-Mums, but nothing else. So this morning I chopped apples into tiny little pieces and steamed them. She ate them up! She also had a few sweet potato puffs, which she really didn't care for a few weeks ago. So now I call her Miss Independent and sing that Pink song...probably not the best song choice...guess it's good I don't know all the words.

Also over the weekend we got together with lots of friends for a lunch date at McAllisters. It was so fun to catch up with everyone. I do not see these girls nearly enough. I think we kind of aggravated the staff. We were there for a little over two hours.

The best thing about the weekend though was hearing the sweetest sound I've ever heard...our sweet girl saying "Mama!". She says it over and over now and I can't get enough of it. She also said Papa (Pop) and Baba(bottle). Three new words on Sunday! I can't believe how fast she is growing and how independent she is becoming!

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

Sweet girl! Love those pictures!
Hadley has gotten really picky the last couple of days too! Whatever I give her she just spits out of her mouth. I don't know why. My mom thinks it might be teething...funny how everyone always thinks everything is related to teething! I'll have to try the steamed apples idea for sure!
Love her new words! :) They're growing up so quickly!