3.22.2010

I've been wanting

to do this post for a while, but I kept putting it off. Maybe I'm to scared, embarrassed, lazy, busy...or a combination of several factors. Those things shouldn't be an excuse! What in the heck am I talking about? Accountability! I want to lose at least 20 pounds. I really would like to lose 25, but I'll start with 20. I only gained 27 pounds while I was pregnant, but I still drag about 15 of those around. Before I got pregnant I had about 10 pounds to lose to get to my "comfortable" weight. Everyone has their comfortable weight. Mine is 115-120. I am most comfortable in a size 4. I love when I wear a 2, but that takes lots of work. I love to workout! I really don't know where to fit it into my schedule at this time. There are no gyms with childcare in our tiny town. Oh if there were, you better believe I would be there. I used to be a gymrat! I would go for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening...I had abs, I had muscles, I felt great! I want to be that weigh again. I am tired of digging through my closet and finding nothing to wear. I'm tired of taking out my frustrations on Brett because I am not happy with myself. Here is where I stand now (I can't believe I am posting this!)
Weight-somewhere around 145-150
Waist-31"
Hips-42"

So my plan is to work out with Jillian and follow a "strict" no matter what, good for me diet. Gone are the days of eating whatever I want and not gaining a pound.

What is my reason all of a sudden? Sorry, it's not because I want to be healthy! It's because I want to look good...ha ha. I love summer-tank tops, bikinis, dresses...you know, the whole bit. I'm too embarassed to even wear a sleeveless top now. I'm afraid my dimples will show. I know this all sounds a bit shallow, but inspiration has to come from some where right???

4 comments:

The Crimi's said...

ME TOO GIRL, I so feel ya!!!

The Presleys said...

I know that feeling! I gained 49 pounds with G(which most was water weight from being swole up like a balloon) and 39 with Ella. So far I have lost all of it and 5 pounds! YAY, but I needed to lose 20 before I ever got pregnant. Not saying this to upset you, but to encourage you! You can do it! I finally started cutting out of the sweet things and that's when the pounds began to fall off. I am so looking forward to the Zumba class that is starting here April 1st. Maybe that will help me get the last 10 pounds off to reach my next goal. They are doing the class from 745 to 845 so people can do it after they get their families situated for the night. Let me know if you want to come and when I get all the info I will send it to you.

Amanda Mathis said...

AMEN SISTA!!!

McArdle's said...

Does the college you go to have a gym? You could go before class. I tried doing the video thing and it helps but you have to do cardio with it to see really good results. I don't have time for working out much either so I go before I pick Bailey up from Daycare on base when Blake is gone. You can do it! I'm jealous that you only gained 27 pounds! If all else fails...after two years I went to weight loss doctor and got on prescription pills - I lost and have kept off the extra twenty pounds.