7.20.2010

Sickness, Slacker, School

We've been sick at our house! For almost two weeks someone has had something. We've had our share of "the virus". We even made a 4:30 am trip to Dothan to take E to the emergency room. She had such bad diarrhea for days that we were scared she was dehydrated. We had to wait around for many hours for her to produce a stool sample. She is well now, but had a bad case of diaper rash...bleeding bad! Thank goodness for great friends and homemade remedies (we tried everything else including prescriptions). She now has a "happy hiney" (the name of the remedy). That should be bottled! Someone could make big bucks!

Now I've got what I think is a "summer cold". I cough and hack, my ears are so stopped up I can't hear a thing and have such sinus congestion I get sick to my stomach. That all started late Saturday night at Brett's high school reunion. I was the wife that could be found in the bathroom all night! I thought it was something I ate, but it continued for the next two days. Before any rumors get started...no, I am not pregnant (as one friend...Michelle...already asked)! There is no possible way that can be at this time. Brett asked me repeatedly if I wanted to leave, but this night only happens once every ten years. I didn't want him to miss it. I hung on as long as I could.

With all of this sickness I have been slacking! My school work was not at its best. Our house is a total wreck (and we've got two people that want to see it). I haven't been a good wife and probably not the best mommy. I haven't sent out thank you cards from Everly's birthday yet and I haven't ordered her last set of pictures. I feel like poo! I am catching up on the cleaning now (clothes and dishes washing) and folding will take place during my guilty pleasure...Teen Mom. I'll get E's pictures ordered when I can sit and view them. This is all so unlike me! I pride myself on taking care of my little family and our home. I have been so tired and really physically unable. Thank goodness for wonderful in-laws. E has been there a lot lately. We didn't want her to get sick again.

Today was my last final...ever! I missed my last weekend class in Phenix City. My teacher, Mrs. Collier, was awesome! She met me today to go over the last two chapters and take a final. We finished the chapters and she said thought that was it. I was all prepared for my final and she surprised me. She said all the activities and questions that she asked me during the review was my final and I passed with flying colors. Thank you Mrs. Collier!!

Just wanted to give a little update on the S's...I am ready to bid them all farewell!!!!

2 comments:

The Brooks Bunch said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I like watching Teen Mom too haha and the way I de-stress every day is by watching the day's episode of the Young and the Restless. Embarrasing I know, but it's the little things.

Congrats on school being done! You deserve a break!

The Brooks Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.