7.06.2010

Happy First Birthday Baby Girl

So of course this was my first experience with planning a birthday party. I found all kinds of cute ideas on etsy and made them myself. I was so proud of the decorations...which I really didn't get a picture of. The cake was absolutely adorable, which I didn't get a picture of (and she didn't like it). The weather was hot, humid, and basically miserable. E didn't want to play with all the water fun I had planned.

Even with all the things that happened, we were surrounded by lots of family and friends that love us....but most importantly our girl.

This was definitely a learning experience for me. Next year, we'll have her party indoors. I thought it would be so cute, which it was, to have a water fun party. I planned every detail...down to the tarp for the babies to crawl around on. Also, I'll try to take pictures of everything before the guests arrive. Someone I know hired a photographer for her child's first birthday...now I see that would have been so awesome. I wouldn't have had to worry about the memory card in the Webbie being full...why I didn't give the girl taking pictures my real camera...I don't know. I guess I was just H-O-T. I also learned that my body is not ready to wear a spaghetti strap dress without something under it. I feel like some of the pictures are X-rated..ha!

Gimme and Everly

Our glowing family at the end of the party

E's friend Sylvie and her daddy

Friends Kim and Bella

Friends Margaret and Annsley, thank you again for driving so far to the party. You don't know how much it means to us!

No comments: