3.10.2009

Has it been almost two weeks?






Time is once again flying by! It has been almost two weeks since our last post and we have been busy, busy! We (well B) painted the nursery, spent a day doing the Focus on Marriage seminar at our church(where each of us learned little things we can do to make our relationship stronger), had a huge snow day in Chilton County at my parent's house while celebrating my mother's 50th birthday, B went to Charlotte for a few days in the snow storm, worked at the Covington County Young Farmer's Petting Zoo, went to our 24 week appt. and I failed my first glucose test, took pictures for our church directory, went to a birthing class, B cleaned the yard, we had a cookout with B's parents, I went to do my three hour glucose test and had a Junior Woman's Club meeting. Whew! Are you tired from reading that long run-on sentence?

That is just a quick update of the things that we have been doing. If I were able to post after each of the different events, it would have been a lot more interesting. We have had a great time over the past few weeks and have enjoyed a lot of quality time together. If you ever get a chance to hear Gary Thomas speak, you should...he was our favorite speaker at Focus on Marriage. We have ordered his book, "Sacred Marriage" and can not wait to read it.

We had so much fun in Chilton County during the Big Snow of '09! B and our neice Nicole made a huge snowman. The other one is of some boys we passed on the side of the road, theirs had to be about seven feet! His name was Pedro...ha ha.

At our birthing class, we learned lots of ways for dealing with pain associated with labor. During one of the videos, a woman that had an epidural was giggling during one of her supposed worst contractions...hmmm...didn't seem quite right to us. So, along with my "coach" B, I decided to try as long as I could without an epidural. I would like to experience birth. Of course, I am not ruling out anything, as I have never done this before. The reactions I've had from several people seem to be...hmmpff! We'll see!! I'm very good at dealing with things my own way!

The Andalusia Junior Woman's Club is gearing up for the Red Garter Revue this weekend. Our theme this year is Fabulous Las Vegas. Tickets are still available, please contact me if you need one or a few! Friday may be a sell out, so get your tickets quickly!

Sorry this is so random, I'll try to do better!!

No comments: