2.03.2009

Daddy's Little Girl is on her way!




Yesterday was the big ultrasound. When we were very close to the doctor's office, I could feel definitely movement about five different times. I thought, oh yipee! the baby is going to be moving in the ultrasound and then I thought, oh no! what if he/she gets tired and falls asleep. Our appointment was at 12:30 and we had our ultrasound first. When our UT first started the process B and I were both shocked at how all the features we could see on the screen. We could see the baby laying still and I said, I thought this would happen...I thought the baby wasn't going to cooperate...boy, was I wrong!! Our child put on a show! After the UT showed us all of the body parts were in place-fingers, toes, spine, the baby just spread it's legs, as if it were saying is this what you were looking for...girl! She already has a little bit of hair and rubbed her head as if she was fixing her hair(Mr. Johnny, B's dad, said that was a Mack thing!). Then she put her finger in her ear. We got a slight wave, she was really putting on a show! Then B said the next part was like me, she got comfortable and went to sleep, as if she was saying, "alright, that's enough for today!"


Here are a few pictures we sent to B's parents to let them know the sex of the baby. They were out of town on a ski trip. The first one we sent of B, notice the outfit says, "Daddy, is it game time yet?" Then we sent one of me and wrote, "Not yet, it's mommy's little sweetheart" I forgot to turn the volume up on my phone until about an hour later, so they were confused for a while. We didn't take into consideration that they couldn't read what the outfits said because of the size of the screen on their phone! They were very excited. There hasn't been a Mack girl for many, many years. Both of our families have been so supportive and we were so happy to share the great news with both of them yesterday. I think my mom left as soon as I talked to her for a little shopping trip!


My sweet friend Monica sent me this quote today, "Nothing could prepare me for this wonderful world of pink". I know this holds true for me, but probably even more for Brett. He is going to be a sweet, sweet daddy!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Get ready! There is nothing more precious than watching a daddy with his little girl. They have a tendancy to make them melt!!! Congratulations and have fun shopping, just save that $$$ b/c they cost a ton! There's too much cute stuff out there to choose from. Come see us, lets get together!

The Cobbs said...

I am SO excited for you guys!! All the sweet little girl things will be so much fun to buy! :) I can't wait to hear what name you pick out! Congrats on your baby girl!!!