2.16.2009

Sweet Husband, Sweet Daddy









We were very busy over the weekend. Friday, my sweet husband picked up our dresser for the nursery in the rain. Then we worked together to put it together (who knew it would have so many pieces?). Saturday was Valentine's Day. We had talked earlier in the week about how we would celebrate and I knew that the plan was going for us to go to Pensacola. I woke up really early Saturday morning and when B got up, I heard him in the kitchen. He had gone on his way home from work the day before and got ingredients to make one of his famous delicious "big breakfasts". This is the same thing he did to propose to me, so sweet. He even made the decaf coffee that we got in San Antonio from the Guenther House http://www.guentherhouse.com/ . If you like coffee, you can order from their site and believe me, you will not be disappointed. B and I both agree, it is the best coffee we've ever had. He also presented me with two cards, one for me and one for Everly.

In Everly's he wrote,
Everly,
You don't know how much you already mean to your mother and I. I love you and can't wait to hold you for the first time.

After breakfast, we headed to Pensacola to pick up Everly's crib. It was raining on our way there, but the weather turned out to be very nice for the most part. After picking up the crib, we had lunch at The Fish House http://www.goodgrits.com/. It was our first visit and we'd love to go back when the weather is warmer to sit outside. That night B was so tired, but he came home and put together the crib anyway.

This weekend was full of sweet moments, sweet treats, and our sweet man.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnne said...

I love your baby's name!!!

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

This is a sweet, sweet story!

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Same here on that song! I love it! We really have been blessed with great friends like y'all! I miss y'all, but think of you all the time! And, love the fact that we have this blog to keep in touch! ;)