5.07.2010

Where did you come up with that name?

As I sit here holding a sleeping baby (I'll post about her surgery experience when I can type...I am pecking now) I looked at Kelly's Korner blog. Today's Show Us Your Life is about baby names. Since I get asked about this all the time I thought I would participate. Our sweet girl's name is Everly Allyn. We had her first name picked out long before we were pregnant and I believe before we were even engaged. Everley is my great grandmother's last name. She is a true inspiration to me. She has the kindest heart and I've never heard her say a mean word about anyone. She has been a foster mother to many, many children through out her life. Everly is also named after B's mamaw, Evelyn. We thought that Everly could be used for both grandmothers.





Coming up with a middle name was a little more difficult. I was kind of leaning towards Ryann. I have always thought I would have a daughter named Ryann. It just wasn't clicking though. I don't know exactly how Allyn came about...you know pregnancy brain! It's crazy! I just remember thinking I really wanted something that would honor Brett. He is such a good husband and I knew he would be a great father. I remember thinking I probably wouldn't use Allen for a boy, because we have our hearts set on another name (which I will not tell. I would be heartbroken if someone stole "our name"! ha ha). So Allyn came about changing the "e" to a "y" to be a little more feminine. She is named after her Dada and Pop.


We love her name! It's meaningful and unique. It honors four wonderful family members.

3 comments:

The Brooks Bunch said...

She's got a great name! I too have a "secret" boy name that I hope I get to use one day! I do get a little nervous that someone close to me would use it because it's not terribly uncommon, but whatever. We will see....so far, Baby #2 is not on the books yet!

The Cobbs said...

I think she has a beautiful name!! :) What a great meaning behind it too!

Amanda Mathis said...

I agree, I love her name and the fact that it has such meaning behind it makes it even more beautiful!!!