2.23.2010

Our 8 month old...can you believe it?
















Sweet E turned eight months old today. Here's a few things she's up to

  • Loving all fruits and veggies, carrots and pears seem to be her favorites
  • She wears large six month clothes and nine month clothes.
  • She weighed 16.1 pounds at the doctor two weeks ago.
  • Eating "snacks"-We tried puffs about two weeks ago, but she didn't really care for them and I didn't think she was ready for them. I read about Baby Mum-Mums. They are rice rusks. I got the vegetable variety. I am bound and determined for her to make better food choices than I ever did. She loves them! I tell her they are "cookies".
  • Still scooting everywhere backward
  • Using different tones when saying dada...we know when she's mad!
  • She said "hey!" they other day when I said it to her. I'm not sure if she meant to, but it was cute nonetheless.
  • Going to her first official "playdate" with friends Bella, Sylvie, and Braylen
  • Shopping for new spring clothes. She is an excellent shopper! I think she just loves to ride in her stroller and people watch. I'll have to make a separate post about this later. I am in L-O-V-E of her new wardrobe! We got to shop lots of homeshows since she will be able to wear 12 month clothes soon.
  • She sits in a high chair when we go out to eat now and flirts with the boys....seriously! I had to go buy a high chair cover that I can wipe off and a placemat with suction cups. She also likes to chew on the table!
  • Pulling socks off and chewing on them while riding in the carseat or stroller, so they're wet by the time we reach daycare
  • Wearing SHOES!! I got her first pair of shoes about two weeks ago. I thought they may help keep her socks on to avoid the wet sock issue. I chose the all white L'amour Mary Janes style 3008. They are very flexible, but have texture on the bottom for when she begins to stand. At first I bought the Robeez Camellia, but they were WAY too wide for Everly.
  • She's never turned away any food other than rice cereal. I still use the Beaba Babycook to make all of her food. It's worked out extremely well for us. So far E has had carrots, sweet potatoes, yellow and red apples, green beans, zucchini, pears, and avocado. I'm going to make broccoli and cabbage this week. I know, no bananas? I wasn't quite sure what to do with them! After a little research I found out just to puree them, so she'll have those this week also. I add a little rice cereal to lots of her veggies and oatmeal to her fruits. She is a wonderful eater.
  • Her favorite toy at the moment is the Vtech Sort & Spin Blender

Every day just gets better and better (and more fun too!) with our sweet girl

4 comments:

The Cobbs said...

sweet baby girl! I love that picture of her in her high chair. her outfit is precious!
Hadley won't eat puffs anymore. I guess she ate too many of them, so we'll have to try out your new snack. I've never seen them before. Do you just find them in the baby food section of any store?

The Macks said...

The only place I've been able to find them is at Wal-mart near the Puffs and cereal. There is original and vegetable. It really is crazy how much she enjoys them.

Anonymous said...

I love to see all that hair! I can't wait until Macy has that much!!!

Amanda Mathis said...

Allie LOVES the Mum-Mums!! They are a little tricky to find, but Wal-Mart usually has them. Also Toys R Us carries them and the organic ones as well, but I think they are a little more expensive. Anyway, just wanted to share that info with you all. Sweet E is getting so big and I am glad to hear that you all are doing well. Miss your sweet smiling face :)