2.16.2010

Mommy's Girl



Last week E was not sleeping well. She has been sleeping through the night since about four months old. After a couple of nights ending up on the couch with her we knew something was up. On Wednesday she was running a slight fever at daycare. We checked her Thursday morning and no fever. We still wanted to take her to the pediatrician just to make sure she was alright since the weatherman was predicting snow and it was almost the weekend. All they could say is nothing is wrong...right? So B (thank you Jesus for a wonderful husband and dada) took E to the doctor that morning (I have to teach a third grade class on Thursday mornings).This was her first time in the "sick" side of Dr. E's office. She was diagnosed with an ear infection. Brett went by the pharmacy and brought her home and took great care of her. I was able to come home early that day and you can't help but love on a sick baby. Well...I probably held her too much and let her sleep on me a little too long. She became a little bit of a mommy's girl over the long weekend. She is totally fine if I am not around, but if I am in the room she cries until I get her. When we are here alone I can't put her down to do anything! I am so glad that she needs me, but I like my little independent lady.

Sunday afternoon I was able to put her on her nursery floor while I cleaned out her closet once again(by by small six month clothes...tear). While on the floor we tried out this riding toy her Great Great Grandmother Everley got her for Christmas. It's really low to the ground so she can pretty much touch. She loved to be pushed back and forth on it! Seeing her on this makes her look so grown up! I'm not ready for that...I need to look on the bright side. Every day is more fun, adventurous and sweet with our girl!

E is feeling much better now, but still on antibiotics. I'm having to wean her from her "mommy's girl" attitude by letting her cry a little more and it seems to be working. She's starting to play with her toys a little more and cry a little less.

3 comments:

The Crimi's said...

She is so cute!! Thanks for the valentines card, Darren looked at it and said she's a little Brett!!

The Cobbs said...

Hadley said to tell E that she's sorry she has an ear infection! Hope she's better soon!!!
Hugs to y'all!

Amanda Mathis said...

I am glad to hear that she is feeling better! Thanks for sharing the sweet pics too! She is just adorable :)