6.29.2009

Human pacifier

My how life can change in just a short amount of time! Last week at this time I looked like this as I was being admitted to the hospital to start cytotec to begin the process of induction.


Here I am a week later...with Sweet E in tow on our way to her first pediatrician visit.


E had a great visit with her doctor. She is already gaining back some of the weight she lost since birth. As a bf baby, the doctor said it usually takes a little longer for them to gain weight back. I had questions about the bf though...how long should a normal feeding last? Sometimes we go for an hour...Dr. B says no...she is using you. My child is using me???? As a human pacifier!! If you are pregnant and on the fence about bfing...I highly recommend it! I love to sit with E in her rocking chair and just stare at that sweet face as she stares back at me. I love knowing that I am able to provide all the nourishment that she needs. It is truely a one of a kind bonding experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. In a few weeks I will start pumping to stock up for my return to classes in the fall. B will be excited to help with the feeding also. He told me he felt kind of left out. I told him to please not to...he gives a mean bath that I am too afraid to do. So we each have our specialties.

My how life has changed in a week. We are so blessed, excited, and happy to have our baby girl here!

2 comments:

The Brooks Bunch said...

Angie,

A word of advice about introducing the bottle....let your hubby do it and you not be anywhere in the room! Little E will know that you're nearby and may fuss and be confused as to why her milk is coming out of the bottle and not her mama! Glad to hear everything is going well. She is sooo pretty!

-Krissy

Melanie said...

I know you don't know me, i happened upon your blog from another friends' but I wanted to give you a bit of encouragement about the nursing. First of all, a baby NEEDS to suckle often and long periods of time to up your supply and also they need that for comfort. They are not capable of "using" you at that age. there is a site that i love for all the info any girl could want about breastfeeding and the likes

www.kellymom.com

I really hope you'll check it out and read all the great info they have on pumping and storing etc :)
congrats on the new baby!!!
breastfeeding is such an amazing journey, my 15 month old is still nursing and it was the best decision I've ever made!