6.05.2009

Super day







Yesterday was B's birthday. He is now a whole 27 years old. We celebrated with a baby shower at his office and dinner/cake at his parents last night. Lunch was delicious and it was so nice of everyone to think of Lil E and us. We received wonderful gifts! I love to open baby items, they are so soft and sweet. A neat thing we received were these silicone bracelet type things that were personalized with Everly's name. They are made to go around bottles and sippy cups. These will be wonderful for daycare and the church nursery. You can purchase them at http://www.inchbug.com/. I tried to take a picture, but my camera doesn't do well at all with close up shots. I have never seen these before. B and I thought they were so neat.

On my way home from the shower, I stopped at my old office. It was so great seeing everyone. I probably haven't seen them since January. I really miss the people I used to work with, they are great(including you, Sarah...even though I didn't get to see you)! It wasn't the job for me though. I am definitely supposed to teach. While there I got great news about a sweet baby, Hunter. You may remember me asking for prayer in earlier posts. He has had his halo off for a while and his wearing a neckbrace. His proud daddy had some great videos of him on his Blackberry. It was so amazing to see this little miracle riding in his wagon. He has another appointment at Children's Hospital on June 18th, so please pray that everything is well. If so, he will also get to stop wearing his neckbrace. Also, sweet Dylon did very well with his heart surgery yesterday. Continue to pray that his recovery goes just as well. It is so wonderful to see the Lord working through our prayers to help these great families and children.

For dinner last night, Ms. Donna made some delicious chicken stuffed with ham and wrapped with bacon, hash brown casserole, and fresh peas. Then, we had a yummy Sugar Rush cake. B requested the flavors of his groom's cake. If you visit their website you can order delicious baked goods and coffees delivered to your home. We are so lucky to have such a treasure in our little town. It is the place for treats! If you're looking at their photo gallery #2, B's groom's cake is the awesome barn cake and the wedding cake is the beautiful four tier cake with the monogram. The wedding cake was just as delicious one year later...most people can't say that!

For his birthday, I got B a few shirts that he wanted for farming. They have these vents made in them, a Seersucker Polo, the new Jason Aldean CD, and a seat protector to go under the carseat in his truck. From his parents he got one of those really cool little laptops. I haven't gotten to play on it yet, but it looks really neat. He wanted it to keep farm data on. It will work great for him and it is so portable. I am really proud of my high tech farmer man!

So now we only have 19 days until our due date. I had no progress as far as dilation at my 37 week appointment. So, Dr. G said we may pick a date to induce at my next appointment if I still have no progress. I really don't want to induce, so I hope we've made some progress. I have definitely had contractions this morning...though nothing regular. He said if my contractions are 7-8 minutes apart in a regular pattern, we need to head his way. He also said that if my water broke we need to come to the hospital immediately...I just had a weird thought, what if my water broke while in the shower? Would I know it? Questions of a first time pregnant woman...aren't they funny?

Last but not least, our friends Corey and Katelyn welcomed their sweet daughter Georgia Catherine yesterday afternoon. She and B now share a birthday! Mom and baby are doing well. I think her weight was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and she was due about two weeks after Everly!!! We can't wait to visit with them soon.

No comments: