6.17.2009

39 weeks

Yesterday was my last regularly scheduled visit with Dr. G. You'll never guess what he said? If you guessed...still no progress, you are absolutely correct!! He said, "I couldn't break your water if someone was holding a gun to my head!"

So, we're off Monday afternoon to labor and delivery for me to get cervadil to soften my cervix and then the patocin will be started early Tuesday morning. Dr. G. said he didn't want me to be overdue because sometimes babies outgrow their mommas. I can appreciate that thought. I would not want to have a C-Section. I've never even stayed in the hospital overnight...so surgery would surely scare me!

B asked if we would need an ultrasound to see about how big Everly is now. Dr. G. said he had a much higher success rate by touch than the ultrasound machine. So he squeezed and tugged and pulled and said his estimate as of yesterday was 7 lbs. 4 oz. He reminded us that she still had a week to grow, so she'll probably be closer to 8 lbs.

After the doctor's appointment we headed to Academy Sports to get a Father's Day gift, then we had dinner at Bonefish...yum! I had the Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos and B had the delicious Ahi Tuna...gosh, wish I had some right now!

I had a picture to post, but something screwy has happened to my cameras memory card. I have to get a new one immediately. I am so glad it broke now and not with all the hospital pictures on it. Luckily I have saved most of them to my computer, now I just need to make a backup before this tired thing crashes again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're getting excited over here! Yeah, c-sections are not fun, but whatever it takes to get our babies here safely, right? You will do just fine! GOD BLESS!

Katelyn Ellis said...

Tell Everly that Georgia said to "get here already!" So excited and can't wait to meet her. I've still got your gift...went into labor the day of the shower = ). That will give us an excuse to come visit.