7.10.2009

Two weeks...a little late


Tuesday Everly and I both had our two week check ups. She has gained five ounces since last week and grown one inch since birth. Dr. B was very pleased with her progress. She doesn't have to go back for two weeks for her one month appointment.
She is now grasping things, like the spindals on her changing table, so I attached some toys for her to pull on. She really likes her Eric Carle jingly elephant. Each day is totally different. Sometimes she only wakes up once a night, others she doesn't go to sleep until four in the morning. Some days I can lay her down for multiple hour naps, others she wants to be held all day long! All I say is, "We'll get it figured out."

After waiting over an hour (I don't mind waiting now...because I know people had to wait the day I gave birth. I don't know what I would have done if Dr. G wasn't able to be there)for my appointment I got the all clear to drive and Dr. G said my incision is healing great. He said I could start taking walks with the stroller, but I am still only allowed to do light housework...yipee! I have an excuse. B fed Everly her first bottle of pumped milk while I when to the exam room. After my appointment we went to Target to pick up a few odds and ends. I was in the lingerie section to get a few nursing bras (who knew you needed so many?) and B came over with some really cool Kanye West/Max Headroom shades. I've got pictures on my phone...which I can't currently get because I have a sleeping baby in my lap, but I will post later when Dada gets home. They are great and Everly was really impressed! We had fun though, oh the little things that make us laugh so hard.

Today will be the first outing for Everly and I alone. We are going to a friends house who is hosting a trunk show, then to B's office, then to the grocery store. We have to manage all of this in three hours before it's time for E to nurse again.

We had a couple of wonderful meals this week from sweet families at our church. I know I've said it before, but we love our church and our church family. I can't wait to get back in a few weeks.

Stay tuned for those pictures...they will be totally worth it! Oh and mom, I will post some pictures of Everly for you too! She can't wait to see her Grandmaw again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going ok for you and Everly! Can't wait to meet her!