4.27.2009

Country Roads Take Me Home...

Saturday and Sunday nights are my favorite times to listen to the radio. This is the time when all of the radio stations play back to back classic country. If you didn't know, I am from the Bluegrass State. My mom's side of the family takes this very seriously. At all of our family get togethers someone, usually my Uncle Mike and Aunt Shirley would take out the guitar and play some tunes. I can remember all the adults and kids dancing the night away at several family reunions, anniversary and birthday parties. My Aunt Kaye had a great old jukebox with original records. One of my fondest childhood memories with my sister Susie is going to Aunt Kaye's and dancing literally all day long. We probably played "The Elephant Walk" 100 times that day. My cousin, well he's really my second cousin, but cousin nonetheless, has a record deal in Nashville. Check him out on myspace www.myspace.com/scottlindseymusic . He has been in Nashville for a while, but was just signed in the fall.

All of this to say, I miss my mamaw and papaw! Those of you that know me, know that I am extremely close to them. Listening to that great classic country yesterday made me think so much about them both. I only get to see them about once, sometimes twice per year. My next time will not be until Thanksgiving. This time will be extra special as they will get to meet their 16th great grandchild!

No comments: