4.13.2009

The BIG 3-0!

This Wednesday I will be 30 weeks. A little after I woke up this morning I felt the most amazing thing...not that all the movements aren't amazing, but today it felt like several of her limbs were hitting me at the same time. It was like she was trying to get all situated so she was just pushing and shoving on me. I am still feeling great, a little more tired and slower, but great.

As each day passes I get more and more excited! Saturday at the church Easter Egg Hunt I helped by volunteering. Our church has a parade where all the children bring their bikes, riding toys, wagons and every other thing imaginable. They make a big loop around the church in parade fashion. It was so fun watching all the children. Many of them have their rides decorated for Easter with bunnies, eggs and balloons. Next year Everly will be about 10 months at Easter. I can't wait for all of us to join in on the festivities. Yesterday, I was emailing a friend, LeeAnn, back and forth regarding my baby shower and I was excited once again!

Here is what's going on this week according to BabyCenter.
Your pregnancy: 30 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

We hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday. Let us remember the reason for the holiday throughout the year.

No comments: