1.10.2011

Two checks!


I can not believe that I did not blog about one of the most exciting times of my life. They say pictures are worth a thousand words...so I'll post lots of those and maybe that will make up for it.

Well....I thought I would post a lot of those. I can't find my "real" camera. Here are a few from my graduation (the others are on my MILs camera). It was December 10th. It was such an exciting day. I couldn't believe that it was real until they called my row to walk to the stage. I have wanted this since graduating high school, but life (and choices I made) kept getting in the way.

I knew this day was going to be hard for me. I cried on the way there and didn't do my eye make-up until I pulled up in the parking lot. I knew how much this day was going to mean to my dad and how proud he would have been of me. When they lined us up in the auditorium, I had to sit next to this girl who really, really drives me nuts. All I wanted to do was sit and listen to the directions. She came in with three bags of stuff and was doing her hair and make-up while we waited to walk. Isn't it funny how God can send you a blessing when you least expect it? As we walked into our graduation ceremony, I like everyone else was looking around for my family. I found them and it looked empty, someone was missing. My dad was supposed to be up there with a big grin on his face, waving so much it would be embarrassing....but he wasn't. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it. The girl who drives me nuts looked at me and said that this was happy and I shouldn't cry. She was right, it was a happy occasion. I had to hold back tears several other times.  Then, I had to laugh out loud when I tripped on the way down the stage ramp. At least it wasn't on the way up, that was my biggest fear!

Also, while on stage we had to shake hands with Chancellor Hawkins and several other men. The last one asked me, "Do you have a job?" I replied with a huge smile and "yes!". He said that he could tell by the smile on my face. It was (and is) a wonderful feeling to know that I graduated and got a job within days of one another. That only happens to a very small fraction of graduates. Two of my life's goals happened in one week.

Graduation was such a fun day. My momma and sister came down (and they didn't even get lost). We all went to lunch afterward. We don't all get together often enough.

I have thanked the Lord many, many times in my prayers. I have also thanked my husband and in-laws. I hope they all know that I couldn't have made these dreams come true without their help. I got to check two things off my Bucket List and I am absolutely thrilled!

1 comment:

The Brooks Bunch said...

I'm really proud of you Angie! I think teachers are unsung heroes! Also I know how hard it is to do school while you have a small child. You have done something that is 100 times harder than it is for the average student. So proud of you!

ZL,
Krissy