1.23.2011

Shoney Bear

Yesterday I was pretty sick. I had fever off and on all day. My momma called to check on me last night and we started reminiscing. Here birthday is coming up pretty soon, so I invited her to come stay the night with us and we'd take her to dinner wherever she wants to go. She said that she would as long as no one sang to her! She began talking about one time that my dad took her out for her birthday and she was so embarrassed when the staff began to sing. She was talking about how dad had set all of this up. A few hours before he passed away my dad was talking to my uncle on the phone. He said that he had a special surprise set up for he and my mom's anniversary (he passed away three weeks before their 3oth anniversary). As momma talked I was taken back to a very happy time in my childhood...birthdays! We didn't have a lot of birthday parties, but we did usually go out to eat...complete with singing! We were members of the Shoney Bear birthday club. You would get a free meal during your birthday month. My birthday is on the first so we'd always have to go the weekend after my birthday. The staff brought a hot fudge cake (I'd love to have one RIGHT now) and sang. Gosh, I miss those carefree, happy days. Hopefully Everly will have as many fond memories of her childhood as I do of mine. I can't wait to host my Momma soon at our house...who knows? maybe we'll have her surprised by singing. I know she really would care at all now! I think we've all learned in our family to live life to the fullest.

Also, a huge thanks to my sweet husband this weekend! He's done it all (I mean down to sweeping and mopping floors and making pumpking bread)and taken care of me. Thanks honey! Love you :)

No comments: