9.20.2010

Mack Flashback-Simple was Better

If you know me, you know I LOVED my childhood. There were so many things that I loved about childhood. The things I remember most were the simple pleasures. My big wheel, my bike, my Barbies, playing board games with my family, and our family time on Sunday afternoons.


One of my favorite times though was Friday afternoons. You see, my dad got paid on Fridays, so he would bring my sisters and I a treat. Usually it was ice cream sandwiches. I think they were 3 for $1.00 then. Sometimes though, he would come by and pick us up and let us choose our own treat. We loved to go to this little country store called Hall's. It was near the Lowndes/Montgomery county line...or down the road from the Montgomery Motor Speedway if you're from the area. Below are two things that I loved-



I hope Brett and I can bless Miss E with memories like this. As a child, I didn't expect to get something every time I walked into a store. We were there for a purpose, to buy something we needed not wanted. I catch myself buying her things now, just because they're cute. I really need to stop that. She will soon be old enough to know.

We love our little house in town, but I can not wait to move to the country. It will be easier for Brett to handle all of the farming business, but it will allow us a simple lifestyle that lots of townfolk miss out on. The simple pleasures! I'm talking about running around barefoot all day, chasing lightning bugs at night, eating peanuts on the porch, playing hide and go seek in the woods...just good fun. I can't wait! I've heard a saying recently..."go back to the woods". Believe me, we'd be more than happy too!

No comments: