4.05.2010

Easter at our church

Ok, so this one has nothing to do with Easter at our church, but I forgot to share them with y'all. I accidentally, yes...seriously accidentally ordered Everly two bunny shirts. I like these because she'll be able to wear them all summer. The one on the left is from Smitten & Co. on etsy. The quality of the shirt is outstanding! It is so soft, I wish she made adults! The one on the right is from ifyousaysew.com.So anyway, on to the real reason for this post. We enjoyed a weekend full of events at our church, First Baptist Andalusia. Friday night B, I am so grateful for a wonderful Christian husband, worked the computer system for The Living Lord's Supper. It was one of the more difficult shows for him to work. I prayed the whole way through. It was such a moving performance. I was just bawling at the end. How could you not? Jesus died for us all!


Saturday morning I helped hide eggs for the churchwide egg hunt. My MIL (Gimme) brought Sweet E to our church along with her "souped" up stroller. I can take no credit for this...Gimme did it all. It was the sweetest ride there in my opinion! This is one of my favorite traditions. All the kids bring their bikes, trikes, pedal cars, and wagons. Lots of them decorate for the holiday and we make a trip around the church in parade fashion.




Afterward we gather on the steps of our beautiful church and listen to the Easter story. This year the church provided a sheet of stickers and construction paper for the children to follow along as Bro. Fred shared the true meaning of the holiday.


We didn't let E participate in the egg hunt, since she can't walk yet or eat the candy. When all the precious children were finished we gathered in the fellowship hall and enjoyed a delicious lunch. I am so happy to be a member of a loving church family. We are so proud that Everly will grow up in such a wonderful environment with people that love us!





1 comment:

The Brooks Bunch said...

Gimme is a beautiful grandma! I would never think she was a grandma by looking at her!!!