12.26.2009

Our six month old

Has it been six months??? I took Sweet E for her six month appointment on Wednesday.
She now
weighs 14 lbs. 14 oz.
is 25 3/4 inches long
She is in the 5oth percentile.

While waiting in the exam room at the pediatrician I noticed a dry patch on Sweet E's arm near her elbow. I thought it was some dried on cereal I missed while giving her a bath that morning. I got out a wipe and rubbed and rubbed it. Then the doctor came in to check her. He noticed the patch during the examination and determined it to be baby eczema. I told him I had just rubbed it with a wipe because I thought it was dried cereal that I missed while bathing her...ha ha...poor first time mother!!! She got her first prescription and we are treating her with the cream three times a day. He didn't act like it was a big deal, so we're not going to make it one.
We could not ask for a sweeter, happier baby. Seriously! She sleeps through the night a majority of the nights, she is so happy (except when she is wet, hungry, or tired). I love how inquisitive she is...she is so curious. She wants to try everything. She's gotten her first "no-no" from me for pulling hair. I know she probably doesn't understand, but I don't want her to get into that bad habit. Her reaction---smile!! Just a quick update on Sweet E. I'll post pictures of our Christmas once I located my camera somewhere in the aisles of Toys 'R Us...I mean, our home.

We hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. We sure did!

1 comment:

The Brooks Bunch said...

Hey Angie,

Sydney has one small eczema patch right to the left of where her diaper gets taped. It usually goes away but seems to flare up every now and then. Most babies will outgrow it anyway. In the meantime, our ped told us we could use over the counter hydrocortisone cream and this works wonders!

Happy New year and Happy 6 months to Miss Everly!