12.03.2008

Time flying by...




I can't believe another week has passed without a post! We spent three great days with my Memaw and Papaw in Kentucky and stopped in Nashville to spend the night with B's aunt. We had a great trip (thanks in part to heated leather seats)! I did get my Cabbage Patch doll back! I'll have to find her, B has been doing some major house cleaning, so I'm not quite sure where she is now. I'll have to dedicate a whole post to that bag. We got our first baby gift from my Memaw. It was labeled to Little Mr. or Miss Mack...how cute! She got the baby a supply of bottles and hangers. We got home just in time to watch the Iron Bowl. I actually fell asleep. There was absolutely no excitement! I'm not a Bama fan, but I do hope they whoop Florida this weekend. Monday night we went to the Farmer's Federation Christmas Dinner. This was the first time my schedule allowed me to go. I was so glad, because they recognized B for his accomplishments at the debate and for his state debate this weekend. We enjoy a delicious dinner of steak and potatoes and one of my absolute favorite things...Dean's Cake. I have been wanting it, but hate to buy a whole cake or even half a cake, because I would eat the whole thing. These delicious cakes are made fresh daily in our hometown and are sold all over Alabama. If you haven't tried it...it's well worth it. My favorite is the Caramel Cake...delicious! Also, Kristin Wiggins, of the Women's Committe made these adorable monogram ornaments with corn, peanuts and cotton inside...how creative!

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having too!! Do you have an appointment time set yet?
Thank you! I'm excited about the bedding & can't wait to see it in person. :)