12.09.2008

Young Farmer's Discussion Meet











Over the weekend we attended the Alabama Farmer's Federation Annual Meeting in Mobile. Saturday night we attended the General Session which included a talent find. It was great to see so many talented young people. B participated in the Young Farmer's Discussion Meet on Sunday afternoon. We practiced and practiced his opening and closing statements. I got so nervous sitting in the audience and just as before I sat near the back. All of the competitors did a great job. I was happy to see the President of Alfa, Mr. Jerry Newby, talking to B after the meet...that had to mean something!!! He did a wonderful job and I was proud because he did his best! We went out to dinner with our local chapter that night to Wintzell's. We rode with our county president, Russell and his lovely family. We had a great time getting to know them and their precious girls. His wife, Kristin, is pregnant also. I loved being able to trade pregnancy stories with her.




The awards ceremony was Monday morning. The Young Farmer awards were near the end of the hour and a half presentation. Being the pregnant woman that I am, I had to use the restroom...but I couldn't get up. I would have just hated it if I missed their awards. This time I sat near the front. They brought all four competitors out and placed them in order by height (guess for the photos) and then announced the first runner up. I got a little confused, I didn't know they had a runner up. Then, Brandon (the coordinator for the meet) was holding the winner's plaque. I tried and tried to read the name on it while he was holding it. It looked too long to be B's name. Then again it looked to long to be the other competitor's names too. Then they announced the winner....B Mack!! I was so thrilled, I said YAY! outloud and clapped and forgot all about pictures! So now B will compete in the National Competition in San Antonio, Texas. I am so proud of him. We're back to the grindstone studying each of the four topics. I know B will do his best, because he always takes great pride in anything he does. We are also excited to visit San Antonio. I have never been. While we're there, we're going to visit a feed operation with over 16,000 head of cattle. It's going to be a fun trip! We have our 12 week visit on Thursday, so I am sure I will have some news to share then! Oh yeah, and that name I was trying to read said Young Farmer...ha ha.

3 comments:

The Crimi's said...

You'll love San Antonio. Make sure you go to the river walk and get some of the delicious mexican food while you are there. That's the best mexican food I've ever had...you'll never feel the same about a mexican restaurant here.

The Cobbs said...

We lived in San Antonio for 4 years. I LOVED it!!! You guys will have an awesome time! I wish I was going! :)

Amenick said...

YAY for B! You look great Angie, You have a glow going on, now that your getting over the "YuckY' part. I promise the second half of pregnancy is easier, bigger but easier:)