12.04.2008

11 weeks




Yesterday was my 11 week mark. I felt a lot better yesterday. I actually cooked dinner, something I haven't done in several weeks, maybe even a month. It was very hard for me to open the refrigerator because the smell made me sick. I couldn't stand the smells of food when I cooked or washed dishes. B has been my life saver these last few weeks. He has taken over kitchen duties, laundry and any thing else that needed to be done around here. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. I was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday and she was cooking greens. So of course, I then craved collard greens. Glory has fresh greens in a bag in the produce section. I have a friend named Renaye whose mom owns a soul food restaurant. She would bring me a lunch plate to work sometimes and her mom made these awesome greens with jalapenos and sugar...sounds nasty, tastes delicious. So I got online to find a recipe, it was my first time making homemade greens. Usually, I'll buy the Glory canned collards. My greens were so good...I hate to brag, but they were good!! B said I had his mom beat...but don't tell her that :) (Mrs. Donna if your reading, we decided they weren't necessarily better, just a totally different flavor). So anyway, hopefully this new found energy and loss of sickness will remain. I have finish shopping today for our Christmas Angel. I am very excited about this! I am volunteering with several other Junior Woman's Club members handing out the gifts. Maybe I will get to see the sweet girl who gets our gifts. That would make my heart so happy!
Above is a belly shot at 11 weeks...not much of a change. Oh yeah, and that is the same sweatshirt...Wednesdays are school days...what do you expect? B and I both think my booty is getting smaller and moving around to baby. I never thought I would see the day my booty got smaller, it's hereditary and I've had the bubble since toddlerhood.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I had no idea you guys had a blog...glad to find it! We had a great time with you two this weekend and I haven't seen you two since the big WIN!!! Tell Brett CONGRATULATIONS! I wish we were going to be in SA, TX with you guys! Hope you continue feeling better! Keep in touch!