12.29.2008

A peek at our Christmas




Here is a little peek at our Christmas holiday. We had Christmas with my family on the 19th, because my parents were going out of town. It is always so fun with all of the children. I love to see them open their gifts and they are so grateful for anything they receive. My dad did a lot of baking and I took Rice Krispy treats and sausage balls. We all haven't gotten together for so long. It was great to play with the kids and just hang out. Everyone is so excited about Baby Mack. I think all the kids want it to be a boy, since we only have two boys and there are six girls.

Christmas Eve we had Christmas with B's immediate family. We always have a good time laughing and joking! His mom made this great pie with pecans and coconut and some other yummy stuff. Baby Mack got the sweetest gift from Gimme and Papa John (that is what they are going to be called). It is a bedtime prayer bear. You can hold it's hands and it will pray or put its hands together to pray...so sweet.

Christmas Day Brett and I opened gifts after his big hunting adventure! We tried to keep our selves on a strict budget this year and I think we did pretty good. Each of us got lots of thoughtful gifts. I especially like my new phone...yippee...the Razor wasn't staying charged anymore. That afternoon we headed to the Mack family Christmas hosted by B's mother this year. I helped cook a little and just whatever she needed me to do. We had fun with all of the family and the food was delicious!

Friday night I headed to Prattville to exchange gifts with some friends. We decided to draw names this year, which I think worked out great. We all brought a dish and enjoyed catching up. I got some great maternity clothes. Thanks Michelle, you did an awesome job. I love them. It was hosted at Leslie's new house. What a beautiful place!

Saturday was the Whaley family Christmas hosted by Brett's Mawmaw. It was great to see everyone and enjoy everyone's yummy recipes. I know I am new to the family, but it was almost bittersweet because of the trials that have hit this side of the family this year. B and I make sure to thank the Lord for all his many blessings and for being our Savior. We also pray for his healing hands to bring comfort to our family members and for them to know that he will never give them something that they can't endure. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and even if it wasn't your best, make sure to thank him for all the little blessings each day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved all your new pictures on here! You certainly have THAT GLOW about you! :) So glad yall had a Merry Christmas! PS--I love your new highlights!