11.15.2008

PSI Bands


Psi Bands (pronounced "sigh") may be my life saver. I got rid of the migraine yesterday and was feeling pretty good until dinner time, sick once again! I got sick about 4:00 and thought it might have been a one time deal. B came home with my requested Little Caesar's breadsticks, but I got sick right after he came in the door :( He called one of our friends who has also been very sick with her pregnancy. She gave him lots of recommendations, so he left on a mission. He came back later with Saltines, oatmeal, lemon drops and PSI Bands. I probably looked all crazy at him when he tried to put them on me. The look kind of like a back in the day Swatch Watch. They are bands with a dial that use accupressure to control nausea. I did not think this little was going to do a thing for me...I was totally proven wrong. So far, these things have worked. I ate breakfast and have much more energy today. These also work for people who have motion sickness and for chemotherapy patients. I have the cool red striped ones and I have to wear one on each arm. I don't care how much of a dork I look like, if I can continue to feel good, I'll wear them for the next seven months. They are waterproof and can be worn for up to 48 hours at a time. Can you tell I'm excited? We have plans to go to dinner and to A Christmas Carol:The Musical at the Shakespeare Festival tonight and I want to go!! We have great, second row seats!


3 comments:

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Oh I have the worst motion sickness, where can I get these bands? Also, did you just love the Christmas Carol? We were able to go on Sunday and I loved it!!

Katelyn Ellis said...

Glad the suggestions helped. The bands work sometimes, but sometimes its just a matter of being sick (had one of those days today)! Thinking about you guys. Let's play yahtzee soon...when we aren't sick...and we can eat good food! = )

Kate

Amenick said...

Hey Angie,
It's Ame Moulton Sexton!!
I am soo excited to hear Baby "C" is on his way. I too was sick with Erica and I wore "Sea bands" that you can buy at the Drug store. They looked like sweat bands from the 80's and I soo rocked them out in public, LOL
Another good thing for the nausea is Ginger Altoids or Preggo Pops suckers, they work!!