7.09.2011

Mrs. Mack is back!

After crying my eyes out for while about not being rehired at SES, I proceeded to enjoy my summer. I secured a part time job for the fall and knew that I could substitute every day. I prayed about the situation. About a week or two after school was out I got a call from the principal. There was going to be a fourth grade unit added because of the number of students. This teacher would only teach reading...which I love! She told me that I was being considered for the position along with several others. Exciting news but I didn't get my hopes up. I also got a call from B's alma matta...Opp.  They also had a fourth grade position open. I interviewed with them, but their position was temporary. A few days later E and I were on our way to shop in Dothan when I got them call that I got the position at SES. I was so thrilled. We went to the teacher store that day just to buy something, anything that I could use in my room. Later that week I volunteered at Kids Kamp with a civic club I am a member of when I got a call from Andy, another local elementary school. I ended up not interviewing with them because the board meeting to approve my employment was that night. I told the principal that I would hate to waste her time. God is so good. I went from having no hope to having three opportunities for a job within a matter of weeks. I'll leave you with a picture of my room in progress. It is right next door to the room I had last year. I am so excited to be back at SES with my wonderful students and coworkers. I hope Miss E will be going with me when the time comes for her to go to kindergarten.


1 comment:

McArdle's said...

That is so Awesome!! I'm so happy for you!