4.06.2011

Lately I've Had the Strangest Feeling...

Remember that song? I think it was by Jodeci...
Anyway, lately I have been really down about Daddy. Maybe it's just seeing pictures of his headstone and knowing that it truly is real. He won't be here to see Everly grow up. Now that she is talking so much more and showing her hilarious personality I can imagine them interacting. If you knew my daddy, you know how much of a character that man was. I think it rubbed off on me alot. I would rather be known as a little crazy than a stick in the mud.
Another reason I'm probably so down is because Easter is upon us. This was a holiday that we always celebrated with the whole family. What to do? What to do? Should I try to plan something here at our house or is it easier for us to travel? No one has even mentioned it. I think we are all a little scared!
We bought a pop-up camper over the weekend and I am so proud of it. I have so many wonderful memories of camping with my family. No it's not a luxurious vaction (I gave up a trip to Mexico to buy it) but the memories we make will be more meaningful to me.
I guess I just needed to get a little of this off my chest. Take pictures with your loved ones this Easter. We didn't take a whole group shot last year. I would give anything to have had one more family photo.

No comments: