4.12.2011

Camping Days 2 & 3

On day two of camping I had to go buy a swimsuit...yeah...couldn't find my one that fits(long gone are the days that I had a draw full to choose from) and we needed to go to my favorite store Target to buy a few items that first time campers didn't know to pack. While we were out we also went to eat at Shuckums. I had a delicious baked oyster trio and B had an oyster po boy. E will pretty much try anything that we do. She ate crackers and cocktail sauce. Healthy...I know! We got back and headed to the beach. At the state park they have two swimming areas. We chose to swim at the pass. It was so clear and beautiful and we felt really safe having E there. The water was really shallow for a long way out. I was really worried about how she was going to like the beach. Last year she had a breakdown in the sand when we went to Orange Beach. No problems at all this year. She loved it! I'm talking about making sand castles and everything. We were only out tree about an hour. It looked like she was getting sunburned but thankfully she didn't.  We headed back to our campsite. E took a nap and B went fishing. I sat out under our awning and did yesterday's blog post. The weather was absolutely perfect. When B got back he started a campfire and I took E across the street to the playground. She was fearless! She went on all the big slides, ladders, and tunnels...until she tripped on a step and bit her tongue pretty good. It took a while to stop bleeding.
We had camping favorites hot dogs and fire roasted corn for dinner.
After dinner E and I took a walk to the shower house. She got her second ever shower. The first was also here earlier in the day. When we got back B made one of my all time favorite foods s'mores!
Last night E and I really didn't sleep so well. She slept between B and I since fell off of her bed the night before. We feared she would so we had lots of pillows on the floor. I was freezing and B thought E was too, so we slept really close to her. I felt her and she was burning up. She and I got up to sat on the sofa. I was afraid she had a really high fever and I didn't have anything to treat it. After I held her for a few minutes she cooled off. So we got on the single bed with her Disney princess comforter. My gosh...I was still freezing. This popup has the most powder AC I've ever felt. B says he offered to turn it down but I refused...I really don't remember. Evie seemed to wake up every thirty minutes. Neither of us rested well last night. We woke up to a completely cooked breakfast. Yummy! B took E back to the playground while I went to shower. He said she was still hesitant. We packed up and headed home a little later.
Before we go camping I would really love to get a granny bike with a wicker basket and baby seat. Everyone rides bikes A LOT while camping. I think E would love it too. Also I would love to start C25K. A very fit family had their popup in the spot next to ours. The father and daughter would get up every morning and go for a long, long run. This girl was so fit. Brett noticed that I would just watch her. He reminded me that I could do it too...I used to do it all the time.

I know this is very, very long...but I wanted to make sure to include lots of details of our camping adventure...including this stynx lizard that appeared when we pulled and funny enough when we left.





No comments: