7.30.2009

Lovin' at our house...

When we registered we had no idea really where to start. After a little over a month with our sweet girl, we've found a few things that we're lovin'. The Boppy is probably the most versatile thing we own. We use it when nursing, to prop her up on and talk to her and take pictures, to take cat naps in the living room(I know the tag says not to before I get any comments...but we are right there...not taking a nap!). Medela Tendercare Lanolin is something that I really love! I registered for the Lansinoh lanolin and got samples of this from the hospital. This is much more smooth and easier to apply. I really helps in just a matter of what seems like minutes. I smooth a little on when I start to get sore and viola! all better.
We nor E could survive without Gripe Water! We tried Mylicon for a few days and all the suggested bicycle motion, warm baths, laying her on her belly and patting...while some of those worked nothing has compared to Gripe Water! She even actually likes sucking it out of her little medicine dropper.

These NUK bottles were another thing that we didn't register for but wished we would have. We started E out with Dr. Brown's bottles when B wanted to start feeding her in the evenings or when she went to Pop and Gimme's in the afternoon. The flow was so fast, even with the slow flow nipple, that she was finished with the entire 3 oz. of bm in less than five minutes...come on...it took me 20 minutes to pump that...at least she should be able to enjoy it! So while mom and I were shopping on Saturday I was going to buy another package of Dr. Brown's...just not knowing any better. Then I saw these, well I noticed the NUK brand (E only takes a NUK pacifier). I read the entire package and thought...well it's worth a try. They claimed to be more like breastfeeding. I truly believe they are...we're not wasting any of that liquid gold (my nickname for bm) anymore from it flowing too fast from the bottle's nipple. I am very happy with these. We got the 0+ months with the slow flow nipple. It takes about 20 minutes (about the same time she nurses) for her to drink 3 oz and she is thoroughly enjoying it.



Of course we can't leave out the greatest love we've got! This sweet little thing! This was taken Saturday as mom and I were trying to take a few pictures of her. She fell asleep between flashes!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the advice, especially about the bottles! Everly is so cute! Oh, and thanks for the two outfits, no duplicates here!

DuBose Family said...

I'm right with ya on ALL these items...except the NUK. With Ollie it took FOREVER for her to drink out of these. I changed to the DR. Brown bottles and they work better for her. Every baby is different...I just think when O was small she didn't have the strength to use these. I have a whole bag of NUK bottles...all pink if you would like them.... Everly is so cute!!! We need to have a play date!!

Shonna said...

So glad I got to see y'all at Russell and Krsten's Tuesday! Everly is way too precious