1.26.2013

Should Students Play Games (software) in school?

After reviewing the background reading articles (the last link would not open) from the textbook I did not change my position. I do believe that students should be allowed to play software games at school. There are so many great, educational games that are available that correlate with the Course of Study that I believe this type of activity is beneficial to students. I even use them as a whole class review for my third grade math class. The students are much more involved in a review using a Jeopardy game than they are just using a study guide and pencil.

The background articles reported negative results with extreme usage. Just like everything else software games should be used in moderation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. I also think student should be allowed to use software games in school.