6.15.2012

He's got one!

 
E after her first dance class sans mommy! She loved it.


There have been so many ch, ch, ch, changes in our lives since September. I've got to do a better job of keeping up with our family memories. I really like blogging, but there always seems to be something else to do. I could cut down my fb time and make at least a couple of posts per month. I think I will do that (like how I'm talking to myself). One of our biggest changes is that this girl above will be a big sister!! I am right at 25 weeks pregnant. Baby Brother's due date is officially October 2nd, but he will be delivered via c-section sometime during the last week of September. We found out on May 9th (my sweet sister's bday) that he is indeed a he. I shrieked in delight when she announced the gender. I knew from the beginning that it was a boy! I had only picked out...well not only picked out...but planned for a boy nursery down to the last detail. The night before the ultrasound I found a couple of girl things per B's advice. We took E with us to the ultrasound. It was a really special moment for our family.

So then the dilemma began...what will this little blessing be named? B and I had VERY different ideas about names. My request was that his middle name be James after my dad. I made a list, a pretty long list of names that I liked and we discussed names a long time...a whole well almost six weeks. This was really tough for me because I am a planner! We had a boy and girl named picked out on our way to the ultrasound to find out what E was.

Yesterday B came to my new third grade classroom (another change) to take down some shades for me to be able to finish painting. Right before he left I asked my usual daily questions, "How was your day?" "What did you do?" "Do we have a name?". I was shocked to hear a "yes!" to the last one. I asked if it was 100% and if I could share and I got another "yes!" I was so excited and he couldn't have picked a more perfect day than yesterday to decide. You see, yesterday would have been my dad's fiftieth birthday. B didn't know that until I told him last night.  

So baby brother will be-
Rowen James (we'll call him Rowe)

I'll try to do better to keep up with Mack changes from now on.
We hope all is well,
Brett, Angie, Everly, and Rowen (looks good doesn't it!)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations, Angie! This is a beautiful post.