2.10.2013

3 kinds of material generators

I have used several of the material generators in my classroom.
I have used certificatemaker.com to create end of the year classroom awards for my students. The students vote for awards for their peers to win. The awards are given to receipents at our end of the year party. Everyone wins an award. It's great to see the smiles on their faces as the receive their awards.

I have also used discoveryeducation.com to create word searches with Alabama History vocabulary words. These were used when students completed tests early.

Another of my favorite material generators is quia.com. I use it to make review games before testing. Last year I used it with the Pearson Reading Street series. This year I use it to review skills taught in the Go! Math series. I usually make a Jeopardy type game and spilt the class into teams. All students have a individual whiteboard and must work out the problem. If a team does not answer correctly, the next team gets a chance to answer to score the points.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeopardy type game is a game I have never use in teaching a unit which is center around Physical Education material. I have heard a ot of people using Jeopardy type games. I going use it and see how well it work in a Physical Education class.